Saturday, June 10, 2006

What If !

Last semester I had a course in parallel algorithms. As usual the study started when it was inevitably. Yes, you guessed correctly, the night before exam. The exam was in the morning at 8:00. After dinner, when I started I got to know that course was not as small as I thought it to be. But I was determined. The idea was for a comlete night out. I made every effort to complete the course. But some topics were too good to understand in a single day :(. The time flied with out a hint, and the dark began to faint in sunlight as my hope to complete the course. I don't know after how many months I saw the dawn. After the best possible effort I managed to finish almost except for the two most abstruse sections (which were impossible that night). Now it was time to go on front, I got ready with my full arsenal (in my case that is only my pen with refill at the verge of getting empty ;) ).

Tired with the night out I picked up my bicycle and headed towards the examination hall, praying to God that I do not see those two sections in exam. I took seat in the last row of the examination hall. It was almost impossible for me to even sit as sleep was showing its vitality in fullest. I could feel there are two hemispheres in brain, which were colliding when I was moving my head. Then paper was distributed. My worst nightmare came true. There were four questions of 25 marks each. The first one was easy, and I guessed every one could do it. The second, oh my God! I never knew this was also in course :O . Then came the relief as the third question was one I prepared well. But the last and final was a blow as it was from one of the sections I left untouched. Now I counted I could attempt only 50 percent of the paper. As the grading is relative, I was sure to get worst as a person who knows only 50 percent is bound to get lower than that. I was sweating in theair conditioned room and wasted more than fifteen minutes just thinking about the grade I am going to get and the other students, who were filling the answer sheets like will never get chance to write in the life. I was cursing the teacher that in the whole course he didn't get any other question from so many sections I studied the whole night. The whole effort of the night was looking wasted.

As the time was moving, the pressure began to mount. Then a sudden thought came to my mind. What if the third question was from the second section I left. Oh my God! The thought itself scared me. That means I could attempt only 25 percent. And God knows how much I would get. Then I sighed with great relief. God is great, I said. I was totally calm now, in full control of my own. Then I took a deep breath and started writing. Attempted the two questions and left examination hall one hour earlier. I was content yet very tired. I immediately went to bed and had a good days sleep.

Next week the result came. I got slightly less than 50. I was even happier when I got to know that average is below me :) .

2 Comments:

At 4:38 AM, Blogger Shiraz Anwar said...

Seem to be much inspired by the Banyan Tree of The Times Of India....but, very true, just reminded the quote from GandhiJi who suggest if you feel bad then think about the most poor person you had ever seen in your life adn you will feel relax that atleast God is not that harsh with you.....

 
At 4:47 AM, Blogger puneet saraswat said...

Ya the idea is same...but experience was true...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Electronic Medical Record System