Friday, August 25, 2006

Bye Bye Planet Pluto...

Pluto has been demoted from its status of ninth planet
. Now we have only eight planets left. So what we have studied in the school about the nine planets in solar system no longer holds. All text books have to be corrected. Also a new category is created named "dwarf planets", that means a further burden for school kids to remember. I remember my school days when we had to learn all the planets , their names and order, too menacing.
Also in Hindu mythology nine planets are mentioned "Navagrahas"... Earlier I thought it to be so scientific...
Still my heart is not willing to accept that solar system has eight planets, its too heard to unlearn what you learned when you were kid..."dont worry Pluto, you will always be a planet for me".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Electronic Medical Record System